Tuesday 9 June 2015

Value Stores... Do they really work ? #3 - Lipbalms ~ Bubble Blossom Blog

Hey Guys , 

Today , by popular demand , I'm going to be doing a Value Stores post , as they're my most popular posts on this blog . Today the subject is lipbalm , and the stores I bought these in were Claires , Euro Giant and Dealz. 

We have all heard of the big lipcare brands like eos and Vaseline , but what about the cheaper , lesser known brands , do they do the same job with just a fraction of the price ? Lets find out !  


Well known brands 



eos , a lipbalm with a waxy finish



Vaseline , has a glossy , smooth finish



Lesser known brands 



Lipsilk is a brand of lipbalms from Euro Giant. I would describe it as a sort of dupe for Labello or Nivea lipbalms. The pack I bought for €1.50 contained 5 flavours , Cherry , Strawberry , Peppermint, Peach , and aloe vera. I thought it was a bargain ! The lip balms are moisturizing , but not long lasting . If you were going to buy this product or something similar , I would advise you to reapply it every hour or so to feel the effect. 




This pineapple lip balm is from Claire's , and I would describe it as a dupe for kids versions of well known brands , eg . Nivea.  This actually works very well. It is perfect as a small present and at €2.50 it is worth a try for something fun. 




This one is a copy of Lip Smackers , but its from Dealz. Out of all three types of lipbalms in this post , this one has to be my least favourite. It just had a waxy finish and didn't feel moisturing at all . If you are buying a soda flavoured lipbalm I would advise buying a more well known brand , because this Jolly Rancher lipbalm didn't work for me . 


I hope yue enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed the lipbalms . I will see you on Saturday , 

Bye xo 



No comments:

Post a Comment